DO NOT FORGET THE CUSTOMS FORMALITIES FOR THE TENDERS
If your main vessel is formally imported in the European Union whether under the French Commercial exemption or under the French Reverse charge, it does not mean that European residents automatically have the right to use the tenders and chase boats attached to the main vessels.
You must operate the following distinction:
- Tenders which do not have their own registration
Tenders and chase boats not having their own registration do not need a verbal declaration document as they will follow the customs regime of the main vessel provided that they can be kept onboard.
They must, however, remain nearby the main vessel at all times.
- Tenders which have their own registration
The tenders and chase boats having their own registration will be able to carry EU residents onboard once the main vessel is imported only if:
- The tender is mentioned in all the charter contracts
- The tender is exclusively used with the main vessel
- The tender is only used for specific purposes (shuttles to the shore, inaccessibility…)
- A verbal declaration document is filed for the tender.
YMCA can help you file this verbal declaration which is mandatory if you want to carry EU residents on your tenders or chase boats once your main vessel is formally imported.
The YMCA TEAM
/home/ymca-yachting/public_html/wp-content/themes/styleo-child/single-post.php on line 114
" class="btn btn-outline-secondary mt-30"> Back to the list